Trademark Registration Bangalore
Welcome to TaxadvisorIndia a Trademark Registration Service in Bangalore. We are committed to providing Trademark Registration Service in shortest possible time through our dedicated office.
TaxAdvisorIndia offers hassle-free and affordable Trademark registration service to companies at their various stages. Our Trademark registration services are professionally rendered with a minimum of fuss, and add value to your business proposition by being highly cost-effective and secure.
Although we ensure that our prices are always affordable, but in certain cases, specific estimates can only be attained after a discussion and understanding your specific business requirement.
With an unbeatable experience in providing highly efficient and affordable Trademark registration services to a variety of clients, we can ensure accurate results and fast turnaround times for all your business requirements.
TaxadvisorIndia is a leading Trademark registration agency in Bangalore.
Advantages of Trademark Registration in Bangalore
- Legal Protection
- Unique Identity
- Creation of Asset
- Trust or Goodwill
- Global Trademark Registration
- Makes Trademark Known
Process involved in Trademark Registration
TaxAdvisorIndia.com can apply for your trademark registration in 30 Minutes.
- Application Preparation
- Trademark Filing
- Trademark Registration
Types of Trademark: Under the Indian trademark law the three types of trademarks
|Product / Goods Trademark||Service Trademark||Collective Trademark|
|The brand name, or the label, or the logo is affixed on the product to make it different from others is called a product trademark.||The trademarks used by service providing company such as a broadcasting service, retails outlet, consulting, IT consulting company etc are called service trademarks & they are used to identify the services.||Trademarks that are registered in the name of groups, associations or other organizations for the use of members of the group in their commercial activities are called collective trademarks.|
Why TaxadvisorIndia Counsels for Trademark Registration in Bangalore?
- TaxadvisorIndia has a team of highly skilled trademark attorneys who provide value added trademark services to help clients maximize business value from their trademarks.
- From trademark clearance searching, trademark protection to trademark registration, and brand management, our team offers a very wide range of trademark services.
- TaxadvisorIndia has its presence in all major cities such as Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Pune, Bangalore, and Hyderabad.
- Filing and prosecuting Trademark and Service Mark applications at the Indian Trademarks Registry
- Filing and prosecuting Trademark and Service Mark applications internationally with the cooperation of our foreign associates or under the Madrid Protocol
- Infringement and validity opinion
- Litigation: opposition, annulment, rectification, petitions, criminal and civil suits for violation and passing off, anti-counterfeit action
- Trademark searches locally and internationally
- Clearance of title
- Domain Name Search
- Brand selection advice
- Post-registration services
- Portfolio Management
Contact us now to receive an obligation-free price quote for Trademark registration services and discuss how we can help your business grow.
FAQ’s on Trademark Registration
1. What is a trademark?
A trademark is generally referred to as a “brand” or “logo”.
A trademark is a sign that you can use to distinguish your business’ goods or services from those of other traders. A trademark can be represented graphically in the form of your company’s logo or a signature.
Trademarks should not be confused with trade names. While trade names can also serve as trademarks, registration of a company or business name under the Companies Act does not in itself give protection against others who might commence using identical or similar marks.
2. What are the benefits of trademark registration?
Trademarks benefit both businesses and consumers. The registration of a trademark confers upon the owner the exclusive right to the use the brand.
- Protects hard earned goodwill in the business.
- Protects your Name / Brand Name from being used in a same or similar manner, by any other business firm, thus disappoints others from cashing on your long built goodwill.
- Gives your products a status of ‘Branded Goods’.
- To obtain legal relief in respect of violation (misuse by others) of the trade mark.
- Power to assign (transfer) the trademark to others for consideration.
What can be registered as trademark?
A word or a combination of words, letters, and numerals can perfectly constitute a trademark. But trademarks may also consist of drawings, symbols, three-dimensional features such as the shape and packaging of goods, non-visible signs such as sounds or fragrances, or color shades used as distinguishing features – the possibilities are almost limitless.
3. What are the types of trademark that can be registered?
Under the Indian trademark law, the following are the types of trademarks that can be registered:
- PRODUCT TRADEMARK: are those that are attached to identify goods.
- SERVICE TRADEMARK: are used to recognize the services of an entity, such as the trademark for a broadcasting service, retails outlet, etc. They are used in advertising for services.
- CERTIFICATION TRADEMARK: are those that are capable of distinguishing the goods or services in connection with which it is used in the course of trade and which are certified by the proprietor with regard to their origin, material, the method of manufacture, the quality or other specific features
- COLLECTIVE TRADEMARK: are registered in the name of groups, associations or other organizations for the use of members of the group in their commercial activities to indicate their membership of the group.
4. Where do I need to register my trademark?
If you are conducting a business in the INDIA you should file a trademark application at the respective INDIAN TRADEMARK OFFICE under the Classes that correspond to your business.
5. What is a trade name?
A name that has the status of a trademark.
6. What is the difference between trademark and trade name?
A trade name is an official name under which a company does business. It is also known as a “doing business as” name, assumed, or fictitious. Whereas a trademark can also protect symbols, logos, and slogans.
7. What is Servicemark?
A legally registered name or designation used in the manner of a trademark to distinguish an organization’s services from those of its competitors.
8. What is the difference between trademark and service mark?
A trademark is a word, name, symbol or device which is used in trade with goods to indicate the source of the goods and to distinguish them from the goods of others. A service mark is the same as a trademark except that it identifies and distinguishes the source of a service rather than a product.
9. How do I find out whether a trademark/ brand name is already registered in India?
A search of the Indian Trademark Registry database will indicate whether there are any marks identical or deceptively similar to your trademark in India. The trademark search can be conducted in the official Trade Mark Registry website in India in the link copied below:
10. What if someone has a similar word trademarked?
You can’t get the word, but all is not lost. You could instead design a unique logo for your business and include the name in it. Take SAMSUNG as an example. The name SAMSUNG is within the logo. A prefix would also be permissible. This is known as a logo composite mark. So there is a way out, but it is best to have a unique name.
11. How is a trademark designated in India?
A trademark is designated by the following:
™ (for an unregistered trademark)
® (for a registered trademark)
Note: This symbol should not be used under any circumstances until a certificate of registration has issued on the mark.
12. How long will an Indian trademark application take to process?
About 12 to 18 months depending on various factors. Sometimes it can be longer if there are objections from the Registry or from third parties to be overcome. Importantly, protection will back-date to the date of your application and anyone who has been using your name illegally since that date will have been infringing your rights and may be liable to you in damages.
13. How long does an Indian trademark registration last?
It lasts 10 years and can be renewed for further period of 10 years. If you do not pay your renewal fee by the next renewal date, your mark will expire. However, you are allowed an extra six months from the renewal date in which to renew your registration, but you will have to pay a fee for late renewal. Following this six-month period, there is a further six-month period, i.e. a total of up to one year after the renewal date, in which you may apply to restore your mark.
14. Can I sell my registered trademark?
Yes. A trade mark is legally described as “intellectual property”. It is similar to other property you may own. It may become very valuable indeed and you can sell it if you want. We can advise you on the legal requirements.
15. Once I have a registration, can I add on other goods or services at a later date if my business expands?
No. When you apply you need to mention the likely future scope of your business so that we can make sure your application adequately covers such extra goods or services. It is not possible to extend a registration to more goods or services after you have applied. A further application will be necessary to cover such extra goods or services.
16. Does Indian trademark registration cover other countries?
An INDIAN trademark registration only covers INDIA. It does not, therefore, afford protection in any of other country or countries, and a separate application must be filed in each of these countries if registered protection is required. Applications for registration in foreign countries can be based on an INDIAN trademark application. Convention priority may be claimed if foreign applications are filed within six months after filing of the INDIAN application. Such applications are made in terms of the International Convention of Paris, as in the case of patents, but the period provided is limited to six months.
17. What is a Collective mark?
A collective trademark or collective mark is a trademark owned by an organization (such as an association), who’s members use it to identify themselves with a level of quality or accuracy, geographical origin, or other characteristics set by the organization. Example “CPA”, used to indicate members of the Society of Certified Public Accountants.
18. Where an application for registration of a trademark in India can be filed?
Application for registration of a trademark in India can be filed at any of the five intellectual property offices (located at Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, and Ahmadabad) depending upon the jurisdiction of the primary place of business of the proprietor/owner or the location of the agent in same of foreign proprietors.
19. What is the period of limitation for filing a suit for infringement of a trademark in India?
3 Years from the date of infringement.
20. What is the term of registration of a trademark in India?
10 Years and is renewal every 10years.
21. Is a trademark renewal application examined in India?
Yes, the examination includes whether the application has been filed in time and whether the same has been filed by the proprietor of the mark on record.
22. Can a trademark be removed from the Indian trademark register because of it not being in use after registration?
Yes, if a registered trademark has not been used for a continuous period of five years and three months, it can be removed on an application made in prescribed manner by filing request before trademark Office in India.