Welcome to TaxAdvisorIndia Family. You are connecting with India’s one of the best startup friendly online legal and tax service provider.
An NGO can be formed as a Society under Societies Registration Act
The section 20 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860 states that military orphan funds, charitable societies, societies formed for the promotion and development of science, literature, instruction, the diffusion of useful knowledge and political education, the foundation, preservation or maintenance of libraries or reading rooms, mechanical and philosophical inventions, societies established at the various presidencies of India, public museums and galleries of paintings, collection of natural history and instruments or designs can be registered under this act.
Registration Of NGO As Society In Bangalore:
It is to be noted that Societies Registration Act, 1860 is a federal act in India. Another significant point is that the states with charity commissioner not only need to be registered under the Societies Registration Act but also under the Bombay Public Trusts Act. Two kinds of society may be registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. The process of registering NGO as society differs or varies from state to state.
|STATE LEVEL SOCIETY||NATIONAL LEVEL SOCIETY|
|Having jurisdiction within the state of registration. The minimum number of members is seven, in which three people must be from the respective state to hold the post of president, secretary & Treasurer.||Shall have jurisdiction throughout the country. There have to be seven members from seven different states. And three-member from the state in which registration is applied to hold post of president, secretary & Treasurer.|
Societies/NGO Registration Services include:
- Drafting of Bye-Laws
- Preparation of registration document for the Society
- Preparation of member list
- Due diligence of document
- Coordination with registrar
- Follow-up with registrar
- Registration Number
- Identity proof of all such persons (self-attested)
- 2 Person Photograph.
- Electricity Bill copies of the premises where the society is to be registered (attested by the president, secretary & Treasurer)
- No Objection from the owner in form of an affidavit on Rs. 10-50 Non-judicial stamp paper duly notarized.
- Address proof of Owner/Landlord.
Information to be furnished:
- Name of the Society
- Full Address of the registered address of the Society
- Main Object of Society
- List of persons with details such as Name, Father’s Name, D.O.B, Address, Occupation, Post held in the society, Signature, etc.
- An Affidavit from the president that none of the office bearers is blood relative among themselves.
- A Power of attorney in our name/advocate to file, represent and collect the certificate of registration.
- Memorandum of Association of the society & Rules and regulations of the society.
Support on Queries From TaxAdvisorIndia:
WhatsApp = 9901114603
3 Simple Steps to Register Your Society/NGO
- Make Payment Online
- We will assign a Dedicated Manager to service your requirement, once the payment is done
- Send the required documents via email as a scanned copy or pdf via WhatsApp: 9901114603.